Friday, August 20, 2010

I Caught My First Fish!

After leaving Cooktown, I decided to give fishing with the hand reel another go. I threw my line in and secured the end and then went about my day. About an hour later I checked on the line and it felt a little heavy but I dismissed it. A few minutes later the fishing line got tangled with the dingy so I decided pull the line in. On the end was a pretty big Mackerel.

I let that one go but decided to see if I could catch another one, so I reset the line and this time held onto it as I read my book. Before I could finish the first page, the line snagged. On the end? An even bigger Mackerel. Now that I know the hand reel works, my next goal is to see how big of a fish I can catch. I hear there are big Marlins around here so once again I will keep you posted.